Saturday 17 December 2011

Survival, a YA paranormal romance (Book 1 of The Guardians of Vesturon Series)Survival, a YA paranormal romance by A.M. Hargrove

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Survival, a YA Paranormal Romance (The Guardians of Vesturon Series, Book #1)

A.M. Hargrove  http://www.amhargrove.blogspot.com/
                          www.facebook.com/anne.m.hargrove
                          www.twitter.com/amhargrove1

GOODREADS DESCRIPTION:

Survival (Book 1 of the Guardians of Vesturon), a YA paranormal romance

"Maybe I was caught between the two worlds. I was having serious trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality."

While on a backpacking trip in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, nineteen-year-old Maddie Pearce finds her world has been thrown into a vortex and is madly spinning toward the impossible. Abducted by a mad psychopath, Maddie narrowly escapes with her life. But that is only the beginning. Her mysterious rescuer introduces her to a world that Maddie has difficulty accepting as reality. Will this strikingly gorgeous stranger be the key to her future or will she return to her mundane world, scarred from her experience? Follow Maddie as she is forced to make difficult decisions that carry her to mysterious places only to find that perhaps it was all for nothing.


MY REVIEW:

Survival like the title says is a YA paranormal romance novel, A.M.Hargrove has excellent writing skills this book is well written, the descriptions were good and not overly done, the character development was well thought out and it helped us know a bit about each person we encounter in the story. I was quite surprised on how much I was enjoying this book; it held my interest so much that I couldn’t stop reading and I ending up reading the whole book in one sitting. I really liked the fact that this book was a bit different from the other paranormal books I’ve read lately, instead of vampires or werewolf’s we were reading about beings from another world. Even though these beings are from another planet and more advance then us humans they are still very human like so it wasn’t as far fetch as you would think. There are some sad parts where I had to find my Kleenex and wipe my tears and then there were parts that I laughed out loud, I like when an author can make you feel actual emotions.


A brief overview of this story without giving too much away, I would say this is a story of a young woman who has had to deal with an enormous amount of loss in her life. She is a strong, independent and a heroic character, I love reading about strong independent women. She works through some of her losses and survives and heads to college. She ends up making a few good friends and her life seems to be going well. On a hiking trip during the holidays she ends up getting captured by a very evil man who likes to hunt and kill the women he has taken. Being the survivor she is she plans her escape. Barely surviving this horrific experience she is rescued by a tall handsome mysterious man who helps her recover from her injuries and they both end up feeling a strong connection to each other. Knowing that this cannot happen as they are both from different worlds he walks away. Soon he realizes his mistake and he goes back to find her, she is in the same situation as him she hasn’t been able to forgot him either. But is it possible for the two of them to be together, can she leave the only man she has ever felt safe with? Will the mad man find her again? Will she survive this time? These are all questions you have to go find out by reading this book.

I would recommend this book to any of my friends who enjoy the paranormal romance books; I also have to say that I cannot wait for book 2 to be released. In saying that I will admit when I finished the book I emailed the author right away hoping to find out how much longer I had to wait before I could read book 2. She did mention that it won’t be too long. Right now this book is on sale at Amazon for .99 cents and worth every cent and more. Please go pick up your copy.

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. I would love to read & review these books. I would prefer a smashwords coupon, but kindle is fine. If possible, can you send kindle & epub? My email is Hannah.Hummel129@gmail.com. You can find other reviews I have done at http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Elizabeth9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I have come across from Blog Lift on Goodreads to follow you!

    Nicki J Markus
    http://www.nickijmarkus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Tana! I'll definetly check this one out :D

    - MissKimberlyStardust @ TurningThePagesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Tana!

    Got to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, have to check this out.
    Cricket@littlelibrarymuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete