Saturday 5 January 2013

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

Photobucket

Book Description

Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.

My Review:

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So this is the first book I've read by the author Alice Clayton, I have to say her writing was easy to read, the story flowed well and the humour was fantastic, I laughed out loud so many times.

A lot of my friends like to include their book boyfriends in their reviews so I thought for this time only I would post the new love of my life.

Here is Clive



Ok so back to my review, Wallbanger is a fun story about a woman named Caroline who has just moved into a new apartment and many nights her sleep is interrupted by her neighbor’s headboard banging against her bedroom wall. The walls are paper thin and you can only imagine what is going on next door.

Caroline hasn't dated for awhile and finds she can't even seem to please herself. She refers to her missing O's and tries hard to figure out how to get her O's back.

Finally meeting her neighbor who is amazingly handsome they begin a friendship and of course the attraction between these two is actually heartwarming.

This novel Wallbanger is actually one of the best books I've read lately and I would recommend anyone who loves a great, funny romance novel this is the novel to read.

The wit and inner dialogue is what I would say some of the best writing I've read lately.

And I have to say again that Clive is one of the best characters I've read lately. The ending of this novel was the best and I laughed out loud.

I've rated Wallbanger a 5 star rating and I suggest you go buy this book if you’re reading my review.

2 comments:

  1. I first saw this at the Guilty Pleasures blog & I know I'll be reading this at some point... maybe later this year? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this book after reading your recommendation! I loved it, though i wish there was a bit more substance to the story though but it made me laugh the whole way through!

    Rowena Hailey (Washington Traffic Ticket)

    ReplyDelete