Thursday 27 October 2011

The BringerThe Bringer by Samantha Towle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I rated this book a 3 stars, I really liked the concept of the book, and it appeared to have a new and unique story that I was interested in reading. We are introduced to the main character Lucyna who is a Bringer. Bringers are beings who are there when a person passes on, the bringer are sort of a delivery service they do not get to go to heaven with you but the bring you to heaven's door.

The first 30 pages seemed to drag on for me and it lost some of my attention a few times, I even put the book down a couple of times which wasn’t a good sign for me. I knew I had to review the book so I kept picking it up hoping that as the story unfolded it would capture more of my attention so I would continued to read this book.

First I will say the Bringer is a paranormal romance, Lucyna is now called out to do her next job/delivery and we meet Max. Max is having a hard time deciding if he can leave his son all alone. He asks Lucyna to promise that she will look in on his son James and if she agrees he will go to heaven. When she see James for the first time something strange happens to her, it was almost like she could feel and Bringers don’t have feelings or emotions. In her confused state she ends up promising Max she will look in on his son James.

There were times I found the writing a bit confusing and it jumped around a couple of places, but like I said the concept and the story is good. I would say read it and see what you think.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment