Monday 2 January 2012

Ghosts of Rosewood AsylumGhosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio

My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum – by Stephen Prosapio

GOODREADS BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Zach Kalusky, host of Sci-D TV's Xavier Paranormal Investigators, is ecstatic when he's given the opportunity to explore the most haunted site in Chicago for a Halloween Special: Rosewood Asylum, a place long made off-limits by the local government, plagued by decades of mysterious fires and unexplained events. It's Zach's dream investigation- but there's a catch: the network forces Xavier Paranormal Investigators to partner with the more dramatic-but less ethical-Demon Hunters. Now, Zach must fight for both his show's integrity and his team's loyalty while trying to protect his own secret: that he, himself, is possessed



MY REVIEW:


This is the first book I’ve read by Stephen Prosapio I love ghost stories so I was quite excited to read and review this novel. Stephen’s writing is good his words flowed effortlessly and he did an excellent job with the character’s descriptions and the plot was unique. He combines a ghost story with a behind the scenes look into a reality TV show that investigates paranormal activity. I was hooked after reading the Prologue and the first chapter of this book.

Zach Kalusky is the main character a student at the Saint Xaviour University in Chicago, working on his PhD in Psychology. To help pay for his education Zach works on a tv show called Xaviour Paranormal Investigators. His team has just been told they are going to be allowed in to investigate the Rosewood Asylum but along with his team they have to work with another show’s cast called the Demon Hunters. Most of Zack’s team believe the Demon Hunters are more or less a fraud and not really sure if they can work together effectively. Having little choice the two teams have a meeting and make plans on how things will work. The Rosewood Asylum has been haunted for over 100 years and Zach cannot wait to get inside to get documented proof of the paranormal activity. During the investigation is where this book gets really good, there is mystery, suspense, hauntings, twists and turns and I was sure I had some of it figured out. I couldn’t put this book down till I hit the last page.
  
I really enjoyed The Ghost’s of Rosewood, the dialogue between the two tv cast’s made me laugh at times, the behind the scenes look into what it takes to put a tv show together is very realistic and Stephen Prosapio writing these scenes must of been fun but you can tell that the author must of spent a great deal of time researching as it seems very realistic. The Ghost-hunting, the history, and the mystery behind Rosewood Asylum are well written, I would suggest you pay close attention some scenes because there is a lot going on. It was a great read and I truly enjoyed this novel and would recommend to anyone who enjoys ghost stories and paranormal books.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review Tana! I am glad you liked it. This is coming up on my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete