Friday 30 March 2012

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3) By Jennifer Estep

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)


Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3)


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Book Description:

I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.

Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?

It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life.

My Review:

Jennifer Estep has given us another terrific 3rd novel in the Mythos Academy series; the plot is fantastic, it’s faced paced and full of mystery and suspense. A few times I thought I knew what was going on then realized I didn’t. Jennifer Estep writing is terrific and I can’t wait for book 4 to be released. This is one of those books that once you begin you don’t stop till you reach the end.

Gwen is on a mission to find the Helheim Dagger that her mother hid before she died. Everyone knows that the reapers will stop at nothing to retrieve the dagger as it is the only artifact that can release the reapers champion Loki.

When Gwen and her friends come face to face with a group of reapers and fight for their lives, Gwen meets up with the reaper that killed her mother. The reapers may retrieve this time but everyone knows full well that they will be back.

Can Gwen find the dagger and keep it safe? Will she be able to figure out what is going on between her and Logan and why is her best friend in such a bad mood lately?

This is a fantastic read and I can’t say much more without adding spoilers, so buy this book and enjoy. I gave Dark Frost a 4 star rating and will recommend this series to all my friends.

8 comments:

  1. i can;t wait to read book 3
    gr8 review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review!
    I've been pining for this book for so long!
    I can't wait to resume adventures with Gwen and Logan! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my post, I love this series and now I have to wait for book 4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely organized blog.....NEW FOLLOWER.

    Found you on Book Blogs.

    Stop by my blog if you like for a book giveaway: THE DEMOCRAT by Olly Wyatt.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/03/e-book-giveaway.html

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start this series. Thanks for the great review Tana. I guess I better get reading before book 4 comes out eh?
    laura thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to read this series for a while!! Great Review Thanks

    Your newest follower,

    Kristin
    youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete